I tried to hang off the edge of the group so maybe I’d get cropped out of the photo for being… well… too out there. But no dice. Here’s a group shot of the Parade of Design Competition winners, all the entries that could be modeled, backstage at the CGOA 2011 Fall Fashion Show in Greensboro, NC.
From left to right:
- Linda Skuja’s Queen of Fall modeled by yours truly.
- Victoria Johnsen Carrington’s Modern Victorian Black Dress modeled by Vashti Braha.
- Diane Halpern’s So Many Motifs, So Little Time, modeled by Carlotta Craig.
- Rasta Rose Jacket, designed and modeled by Tammy Hildebrand.
- Shari White with her two winning afghans, Happy Hexagons and Wild Irish Roses.
- Stephanie Hatfield’s Stonecrop, modeled by Karen Klemp.
- The always fabulous Willena Nanton in her design Flower Princess.
- Sandy Gold’s Lucy Shawl, worn by Edie Eckman.
- Laurinda Reddig’s Mystery Machine Afghan, paraded by Andee Graves and Bonnie Barker.
- Susan Lowman showing off her Spa Tunic.
- And Kathryn White’s Birds N Blossoms Shawl on the lovely shoulders of Jenny King.
Congratulations to all our winners and a big salute to all our intrepid models for the evening.
Oh, and FYI, I had formerly believed that CGOA conferences were fueled by chocolate. Nope. Twizzlers. Definitely Twizzlers.
I feel like I was there in spirit. My afghan got to go even if I didn’t. I’m marking my calendar for Reno next year! Did anyone take a video of the fashion show this year? Sounds like it was a lot of fun!
So it seems pictoral reports of Vashti’s twins were *greatly* exaggerated? 🙂
Nicely done, everyone.